Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pancake Tuesday and Lent

Here, the Tuesday before Lent, (Lent: a season of repentance before Easter Sunday) is PANCAKE TUESDAY!!

As the name suggests, you make pancakes on that day, normally for dinner. At first, I didn't really bother, then my housemates are making them, and they asked me if I wanted any. I thought why not? Since, I've actually hadn't had any contact with them for what seems like ages. They ate pancakes with sugar and lemon... I just put sugar. Not a fan for the sour taste..

Well, my pancakes always turn out to be fairly nice, although I wasn't the one making it. I was scared it might turn out burnt or something ... Somehow, when they were making theirs, it usually turns out wrong, like burnt or mangled or something likewise. It was a good laugh. :)

Anyway, for Lent, I was just thinking, I should refrain from Facebook. For 40 days. Starting this Sunday. Yup. I thought about a number of things I should stop from but I probably wouldn't survive to see the day. So, let's start it slow with something I'm addicted to but can still probably give up.

No comments: