Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Food Poisoning

Just as I was getting giddy about going back and all such.. suddenly I had food poisoning. And it spoiled the whole holiday spirit..
Last night, I bought fried rice for dinner. It was unsuspiciously good. So I didn't worry. Yesterday, I decided to sleep early. So, I slept around 12 something (yes, 12 something for me is considered early). A few hours later, around 2 a.m plus, I was woken up by an uncomfortable feeling stirring in my stomach. I couldn't sleep because of that. So, after several turnings to the left and to the right on my bed, I sat up. Gahhh...it was worse. Instead of just abdominal discomfort, I feel nauseous too. That feeling later developed to need to vomit and I vomited into my rubbish bin. Out came all the fried rice I eaten just before. Sigh.
For the next few hours, I didn't had a proper sleep. How to sleep?? Every one hour or so, I was awoken by the same abodominal discomfort and I had to vomit. However, everytime I vomit, it makes my stomach feel better. So, everytime after I vomit, I resumed sleeping, thinking that the whole thing would be over soon. Was I wrong.. In the end, I vomited like 6-7 times and to add to the misery, I had diarrhoea too. I am so unlucky.
Spent the whole night praying that I would be fine by morning. But, sadly, it didn't go away. So, this morning, when I woke up, I decided to message Phing and ask her to bring me to see the doctor later since they are coming to uni early today. Thank God I had Phing Phing.
The doctor confirmed that I had food poisoning. So, he gave me medications for my vomiting and diarrhoea. And also painkillers for stomach ache.
Now, I feel much better already. Although there is still that tugging feeling in my stomach. Don't know whether it's due to the poisoning or hunger. I couldn't eat much, ok?..

No comments: