Sunday, September 15, 2013

26th Birthday

Guess what?? It's my birthday! I am 26. 26. I don't feel any different lol. I guess the next time I feel old would be when I'm 30.

I was working on Saturday from 9-5 pm. So, we went out for dinner on Friday. Remember, during the SGH Summer Ball, I won a lucky draw for dinner for 2 at Tempus Restaurant at the Grand Central Hotel. So, I thought we'd put that to good use lol.

 My outfit of the night - pink dress with my brand new blue heels. I can barely walk in it and I was scared I'd snap the think straps in front off lol.

In the car on the way there. I look so haggard.... and my hair wouldn't stay nice in a bun, so I just decided to let it down.  

Le menu 


Obligatory pictures at the table 

The voucher came with a complimentary bottle of wine. It was supposed to only be the house white or red but the waitress was so nice. She asked if they can have Rose in the selection as well and of course I chose the Rose. It is super duper delicious. It's so sweet, I love it.  

Part of the restaurant. It has a nice dark ambience to it, suitable for dates and such I guess. 

It looks like me frowning at it but my brain was actually going - mmmm this is NICE! 

More wine. I draink at least half the bottle. Was upset I didn't finish it. Such a waste. And Mr Dino was driving, so he couldn't drink. 

Mr Dino's starter - watercress soup. It was very tasty! 

I decided to be a little adventurous - chicken liver parfait. It's really strong for me to it by itself, it's really nice with the roll and the mango chutney and vinegar and the watercress, They complement each other so well

Pan seared salmon with mashed roast potatoes. So yummmy can or not 

Mr Dino roast pork belly - I tried some and it's gorgeous. The meat is so tender arrggghhhhh

Both of use ordered the same dessert - raspberry tart. It's nice but maybe a bit too chocolatey. 

On Sat, after work, was supposed to go for drinks and head off to someone's flat party and then the Shed or something. So, by the end, it was just two of us and we just decided to head straight to the party lol. We were pretty early as well. And we just kept drinking.... and drinking lol. It was great!! I found out all these gossips and stories that I NEVER knew and you know how much I love my gossips. OOOOhhh I love it!! It was great fun. I left round 1 am when they decided we should probably head out soon but I wanted to go home to Mr Dino. :) 

Then it's my birthday!! I'm gonna take a rest today. Mr Dino bought me a cake (with a lot of non-subtle hinting from me lol). 



Sad I'm getting older.....

Now, it's time for presents!!

A duffle coat!! Mr Dino got me a duffle coat awwwwww. We were in Topshop once and I saw the duffle coat and I just always wanted one!! 

And of course, it was hooded!!

Liying sent me a present - a slow cooker!! Wheeeee, Always wanted one. 

 White and just the right size!!

And then Mr Dino's mum brought over more pressies. Thornton's chocolates. 

Bunch of cards.  

Potpourri bowl and potpourri. 

And a box from New Look. 

It's a watch! 

Closer look at it. It was rose gold in colour. I don't usually like gold accessories but this is quite a nice colour.  

What ya think? Does my arm look nice in it?

And here are some other things I got online :p

High waisted denim skirt dungeree

PU skirt with laser cut outs 

It's difficult to see against the bed sheet, grey cotton pinafore with pockets. I love this! 


And, light blue lacey skirt with front buttons and pockets and belt. So suitable for work...

That's me for now. Tata. Happy birthday to me :D


No comments: