Saturday, September 29, 2007

Mooncake Festival

Due to IMU Cup and exams, Mooncake Festival was not celebrated this year. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed. Although when I was back in my hometown, it was never properly celebrated...you know, with all the mooncakes and lanterns and such. It just wasn't as much fun when I'm the only kid in the family who wants to light lanterns. The only thing I miss is the sumptuous dinner on Mooncake Festival. We used to go to restaurants and eat or ordered them. It was one of those occasions where we get to gather with all our relatives who are around in Sibu. Not particularly missing the gathering part of the occasion, but more of the food part..heheh..*drools*

Since I came to KL, I was not privileged to having such meals on Mooncake Festival. Expensive ok.. But, somehow, my friends in KL had been able to make my Mooncake Festival experience special. :) Like the year when I was in Taylor's College, we lighted candles in the playground in the My Place Apartment. We ordered pizzas and ate in the playground. We take turns to throw people into the pool (yes, I was also thrown in..). Ah...the good ol' days. Then last year, we had a lantern-lighting-walking session in the park on top of the hill near IMU. Before that, we gathered at someone's house and ate mooncakes :) Sigh...

This year, didn't get to do anything at all. I had mooncakes courtesy of Hui Yan's mum. Thanks so much aunty. :) Everyone was so busy that no one planned anything. Oh well... Yesterday, after exams, I went out with Phing and Ian Zing. Hui Yan and Nic wanted to surprise me with lanterns, I think...(something like that). But, I wasn't home. Haih... Hopefully, next year's won't be sad..

No comments: