Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Oran Mor

I've always heard a lot about Oran Mor but I've not gotten there yet... until last Thursday!!!

It's a cathedral turned pub/bar/club/restaurant and etc etc. It's a really really beautiful place. I guess it does look a bit dodgy from the outside especially at night but inside it looks fantastic!!! Then again, I've only gotten to see a small part of it...

Oran Mor at night. One of the towers.


The main door.

So, I went there with Liying last Thursday. We went to the Whisky Bar cause Liying always said she wanted to try the Whisky of the Month or something... So we did!


It has sort of a nice ambience to it. I liked the way it looks like those old cowboy scenes with a modern twist. Hmm...I'm confused with my description..

I know it's dark and all.. There's the bar at the back. See the glitter? Those are bottles.

The seats are beautiful and the curtains and the pictures hanging there. Nice. Really nice.


Me and Liying. Dark picture but I think there's another picture in my phone but I haven't upload it onto the laptop yet.

I was taking the Malt of the Month. Isle of Jura. I hope I didn't get it wrong... It was ok....

Liying was drinking Ardberg. Urghh. Tastes really strong. But, really, sip after sip, it starts to get more bearable.

My cup.

In the end, Liying couldn't take it...so she went and get a non alcoholic drink. I mixed it with the whisky and it was much better....

We wanted to the club but they change entry fee, so we skipped it. Maybe next time. :)

No comments: